Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Please forgive my negligence...

It must feel as though I don't  manage my blog well, since I haven't entered anything in here since last March! However, starting in the Spring, I didn't seem to have as much 'zip' to my steps, and was feeling somewhat lousy, and it all culminated into a 'heart attack' that caught me unawares (as though some could be planned and 'thought through?' I don't think so....) so, I feel confident that it will now feel like a forgivable situation, right? And, I am pleased to say that the heart attack was a very good thing, as they went inside and did some overhauling, and now I feel so great, there is no holding me back!

I am off this month to partake of something I have looked forward to, since the first of this year...a Retreat with Christian Pankhurst, whose teachings have been phenomenal! Plus, his FREE videos have put me into contact with several other great teachers whose teachings have been just as exceptional as Christian's.

And early on this week, something great happened...the wonderful 'team' at <inspiremetoday.com> put my most recent submission to them on a site called: <Care2.com> and that has a readership of just under 17 MILLION people!--and that boggled the mind for me! I have no idea of what will come of that, and I guess it is none of my business...as God set it up, not me...so, it will be fun to see if anything comes of that. But it certainly FEELS like some good exposure.

Well, enough about me. I wanted to mention something that happened to me yesterday. (Now isn't THAT a hoot--to say 'enough about me' then lead with what 'happened to me'--I suppose I could delete the 'to me' altogether, but it wouldn't be nearly as funny!)

But you will need a bit of background to follow my story. We have a property, a factory, in fact--that we have owned now, for several years. It used to house my husband's business, called "Galaxie" (he made truck covers--So I called myself Galaxie's "Cover Girl"--but I guess you'da had to've been there to appreciate that one...) and we have rented the property for some time. Somehow, said property started having leaks all over the place, and trust me--for someone our age to get a loan to pay for these repairs was not easy! Then, finding someone to do the repairs was a trial, too...but we found someone, found the resources, and Poof--we had a new roof on the ol' place. There was a great guarantee with it, too...only the guy who put on the roof decided to declare bankruptcy and haul on back to West Virginia, which left  us holding not so much the bag (as he scuttled off with his money bag quickly) but with yet another 'umbrella' in every leak in the place!
It then took us ages to find someone else willing to do the necessary repairs--which he did, very conscientiously--and not wanting to do us any injustices. But somehow, it aroused the ire of the 'officials' who were renting our building. I got the full blast of the venom that was being spit from one to the other as the repair man for the roof gave me a full account of the exchange...and it reminded me, once more of something I heard a cute little retired gal say who was speaking at a church in Myrtle Beach, where I visited, while at Jamie's one time. She said, (with the most beautiful southern drawl I'd ever heard) that she "would lahk to stahrt a Soci-etty foh the pra-vention of Cruel-ty to other human Bein's, because, People! We are really MEAN to one another!"
I wanted so much to say to him "the reason we have wars going on, is because of the lack of peace in our own hearts"--but it would not have settled well with him. He needed just for someone to hear him out, so I did that. But, I must admit...we truly are 'mean' to one another, quite often. It takes lots of 'being aware' to quell that awful 'need ' to be right...but it can be done when we are willing to go to that Place inside where Peace reigns, and 'let it all go.' Not always easy...but always simple. Love, Char

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete