Friday, February 18, 2011

In the afterglow....

The article in "Inspire Me Today" came out one week ago. The comments submitted warmed the cockles of my heart (and one fastidious person actually looked up the meaning of that expression when I added "what ARE those, anyway?"--she said there are "parts in our hearts that resemble "mussels"--thus, "cockles"--but who'd have even known that mussels were also cockles? Although I would admit that warming the "cockles" of your heart does sound more poetic than stating the "mussels of my heart" which would denote poor spelling plus perspiration.) But, all of those wonderful comments also carry a responsibility with them...I mean, when people start prowling around in my Blawwwwg, they will be expecting me to be profound! Now, that is a bit daunting. However, the whole thrust of those daily submissions causes you to focus on your 'last 500 words' and that is even MORE scary. Especially at my age, as I will soon be 80. However, the closer I come to the end of my life (and I am not being morbid, for death will come to us all)--I find the whole idea of death 'less scary' than I did when I was young. Often, I think..."it will be a day just like today.. Every one else will be going about their daily business. The day will either be sunny or maybe overcast, but "set" in whichever season it happens to be. But in my own personal world, I will be preparing to be ushered straight into the arms of pure Love and Light and a Full Realization of "why" it all happened, anyway!" I mean, do you ever wonder why Life shows up the way it does? I watch my children struggle and I want so much to "make it all better" for them, but I know it is an "Inside Job" that only they can do; and that they are where they are because of decisions THEY have made. Well, I didn't know how to "get born" either, yet, obviously I made it...so, although I am not sure of how "to die gracefully" I know that I can do that, too, with a little help from the angels, and so forth....I remember reading of a man who was so fearful about his elderly mother going into surgery. She touched his face and said, "Son, if not today--then some other day." And that spoke volumes to me. Thanks for stopping by today...and glad I remembered to do the same....Char

1 comment:

  1. spoken as if you were reading my mind...sorta! love you Granny, and are you still reading MY blog? you aren't following me yet, sooo...get on that! :-)

    ReplyDelete